We diagnose your vehicle and repair any faulty DPF sensors, measure the soot load by diagnostics in your DPF and then chemically treat the DPF. The next stage is to add chemicals to your diesel so that your car efficiently burns it. Finally we perform a forced regeneration of the DPF and measure the soot load again to make sure that it has been reduced.
The success with the cleaning depends on the condition of your vehicle, it’s mileage and the quality of the diesel that you have used in the past. If your car/van has lower miles on the clock and you have been using good quality diesel then the more likely of long term success with our cleaning process.
We have years of experience working with all types of cars and vans and offer the DPF Removal to solve issues with DPF on modern diesel engines. Cars have DPF filters so that soot is captured in a canister during city driving and then commonly under motorway driving the diesel is injected through the exhaust to burn the sooty particles and deposited as as instead (commonly known as regeneration). If your car is showing a DPF fault or not regenerating you may get some of the following symptoms:
- The car will go into a reduced power mode.
- Engine warning lights may come up on your dashboard.
- You may smell exhaust gases inside your car.
- Your miles per gallon may be reduced.
Once any of the above symptoms happen in your vehicle bring it into Evans Tyres and we will be able to help.
What does DPF removal involve:
- We will remove the diesel particle filter section from your exhaust.
- Removal of the Particulate Filter from the DPF Canister and reinstall as done in the factory.
- We will remap your car’s ECU to remove the software for the DPF – Monitoring System, Diesel Injection System and Regeneration Software.
- Finally we will erase any stored faults in the ECU and reset the parameters.
As well as removing any symptoms of the DPF failure you will gain increased mpg, improved torque and performance in general. We also offer a lifetime warranty on the work that is done on the DPF removal.